Our Lady of the Woods

Our Lady of the Woods - exterior

< back to portfolio

Orland Park, Illinois


The new 25,000 square foot addition and 12,000 square foot remodeling of the existing lower level church consisted of 19 classrooms, offices and new gymnasium with seating for 500.

Our Lady of the Woods - GymnasiumWhen the Archdiocese of Chicago reviewed our preliminary plans and budget, we were told, “The facility could not be built within our budget”.

Below is a quote from the recognition Plaque given to our firm:

“Reverend Michael W. O’Connell, as pastor, and all the parishioners and staff of Our Lady of the Woods Parish, express their profound gratitude to Fox and Fox Architects for the exceptional design and architectural services provided for the Finnegan Parish Center.  The new facilities are beautiful, functional, and affordable, a rare combination indeed.”

Richard J. Nogal, Chairperson
(630) 571-1900